Michigan Manufacturing Week 2013: Huge Success!
|See the MMA Facebook page for more picture highlights from the Forum and Legislative & Executive Reception.
To celebrate Michigan Manufacturing Week, MMA hosted its 8th
annual CEO &
and the Legislative & Executive Reception on 5/14/13. The two
events allowed manufacturers from across the state the chance to come together with stakeholders and legislators for a day of networking, discussion and celebration in honor of the largest economic sector in Michigan.
The Reception featured a presentation of the MMA Legislator of the Year and Advocate of the Year awards. The annual honor recognizes legislators for their dedication to Michigan’s manufacturing sector and their role in advocating on behalf of Michigan’s largest job creator.
The recipients of the 2012 Legislator of the Year and Advocate of the Year awards, as well as a special Policymaker of the Year award, include:
- 2012 Policymaker of the Year: Lt. Governor Brian Calley
- 2012 Legislator of the Year (Senate): Senator Jack Brandenburg
- 2012 Legislator of the Year (House): Representative Jeff Farrington
- 2012 Advocate of the Year (Senate): Senator Tonya Schuitmaker
- 2012 Advocate of the Year (House): Representative Eileen Kowall
Check out the May/June issue of Insight magazine (available soon) for a full recap of Michigan Manufacturing Week, including the more on the Forum sessions, spotlights of the John G. Thodis Michigan Manufacturer of the Year Award winners and highlights from the Reception.