Under state and federal law, companies may be required to display the posters that are identified below on their job site(s) depending upon the number of employees employed and/or other factors. The posters are free and can be readily obtained through the contact information provided below.
It is MMA’s intention that manufacturers be aware of these posting requirements and comply to the best of their abilities. In most cases, an employer whose job site is inspected by a state or federal agency is given written notice to comply with the posting requirements. Failure to comply with the notice, however, may result in a fine.
Firms that employ people who speak a language other than English as their primary language should contact the appropriate department regarding the availability of posters in foreign languages.
The information was reviewed by Clark Hill P.L.C., general counsel to the Michigan Manufacturers Association.
See the Department of Labor for help determining which federal posters you must display.
||Log in to view information about the posting requirements below or contact MMA's member services coordinator at 517-487-8532.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Federal Minimum Wage
- Job Safety and Health Protection Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- Military Family Leave
- Federally Financed Construction
- Notice to Employees Working on Government Contracts
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act
- Notice to Workers with Disabilities Paid at Special Minimum Wages
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection on the Job
- Michigan Employment Security Act (Form 1710)
- Michigan Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment, Education, Housing, Public Accommodation, Law Enforcement or Public Service
- Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (Form 300A)
- General Requirements of the Minimum Wage Law of 1964 — Required Poster
- Michigan Minimum Wage Law, Public Act 154 of 1964
- Michigan Minimum Wage Rules — General & Overtime Compensation Rules
- Michigan Minimum Wage Rules — Wage Deviation Rules
- Youth Employment Standards Act Legal Requirements Governing Employment of Minors
- New/Revised Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Poster
- Bureau of Employment Standards Overtime Compensation Rules